Planning to relocate to another city? Want to visit another place for personal purposes? You must familiarize yourself with the driving rules that are in place in that particular city. No matter what you know about driving rules, following them will keep you safe from unexpected events.
Different states in the United States have different rules according to the local legal requirements, but you should always be aware of the traffic signs and regulations of the place you are planning to visit.
Some general Driving Rules: Traffic Rules and Regulations in the U.S.
There are some common driving rules that you must follow. For instance, you must have an authorized car driving license duly issued by the concerned department. Other general rules are mentioned below:
- You should drive on the right-hand side.
- Yellow lines on the street separate the traffic that runs in the opposite direction.
- White lines separate traffic lanes for the traffic runs in the same direction.
- You may change your direction, once you see the hashed or dotted lines (keeping the eyes on signal lights).
- Use your left lane to overtake other drivers.
- Until it’s necessary do not cross the right lane.
- If someone is trying to overtake you when you are driving on the left, move to the right and let them go.
- You must stop to allow pedestrians to cross over the road.
- Never overtake a school bus.
- Be aware of driving in the bike lanes, double-check it before taking a turn.
- If you see an ambulance, stop or pullover from the lane and let it pass.
Traffic Signals and Road Signs to look For
You may be unaware of some of the traffic signals across the U.S. if you are a foreigner in the country. It is better to know about some particular signals that you don’t see in your country before you decide to take your car out on the road. Moreover, you must also know about the laws governing traffic lights, well in advance.
- Yield sign: When you see a yellow and white triangular sign: It allows the traffic approaching the right. Before going ahead, you must allow the traffic to pass through.
- Stop sign: You see this sign on the intersections. You must stop on this red octagonal sign.
- One way: White and black arrows specify that you can proceed in one way only.
- Speed limit: This rectangular sign tells you the speed limit in a certain area. The speed limit varies across different areas. You must check the speed limit when changing your lane.
- Railway crossing: This sign – with a large cross with a pair of train tracks – tells you about a railway crossing ahead.
- Parking/No-Parking: Before you park your car, you must look for the parking signs, if you are legally allowed to park on the road. A yellow curb directs that no parking is allowed.
- You must not drive without seatbelts and your driving license if you want to avoid any ticket.
- In certain states, a white diamond-shaped mark is printed on the roads indicating that you can drive only in specific hours on those roads with only two passengers in the vehicle.
Driving Schools – Why they are important?
Accidents happen when the traffic rules are taken for granted. Being a responsible citizen, you must abide by all the traffic rules in place. It is important not only for your own safety but also for the safety of other drivers and passengers on the road. The driving schools play a vital role in providing all the necessary training to the aspirant drivers. These institutions follow a complete curriculum to impart important knowledge about traffic rules, careful driving, and road safety.
The Rules of the road driving school are in place for your own benefit. You should follow traffic rules for your and everyone’s safety.
Ghost, goblin, and lawsuits? Watch out for these 5 Bizarre Halloween lawsuits and take precautions in advance!
Halloween is that time of the year in which you can be whatever you want,
Employment laws in the United States restrict employers to discriminate against employment opportunities based on
A t-bone car accident is a kind of crash that is derived from a collision
Ahmaud Arbery’s racial killing case takes a step ahead: The defendants will appear for a court trial on Monday
BRUNSWICK, Ga – the racial killing that took place on Feb 23, 2020, which influenced
A lawsuit against Disney cruise line: Disney Cruise lines sued with the allegations of toddler’s sexual assault
A Vermont couple filed a Lawsuit against Disney cruise line for $20 million for not