A woman stabbed to death in New York City after being followed and barricaded by a suspect

New York – A suspect reportedly killed a 35-year-old victim after following her to her home in Chinatown, Manhattan, during early hours on Sunday, revealed local news outlets and NYPD.

“On Mon. 2/14/22, attend the vigil for Christina Yuna Lee. She was brutally stabbed in her #Chinatown apartment Sunday morning. Our COO @susanleenyc will speaking. It will be held at the corner of Grand &Chrystie Streets. We must end violence now”, Tweeted the League of Asian Americans of New York.

Around 4:00 am on Sunday when authorities responded to an emergency call, they found a suspect barricaded inside a house in Manhattan.

Upon entering the place, the officials found “the victim in the bathroom with trauma about the body.”

“She got out of a cab right here and he followed her. He grabbed the front door just before it closed. He followed her all the way up, hanging back, staying one floor behind her all the way up to the sixth floor,” told the building’s owner to a news outlet after checking the surveillance footage. “Then, he waited until her door was just about closed and he went in.”

The victim who was pronounced dead at the scene was identified as Christina Yuna Lee.

Eric Adams, the New York City Mayors, addressed the incident on Sunday saying, his administration “won’t let this violence go unchecked.”

“I and New Yorkers across the city mourn for the innocent woman murdered in her home last night in Chinatown and stand with our Asian brothers and sisters today,” said the mayor. “The NYPD is investigating this horrific incident, and I thank them for apprehending the suspect.”

The Post revealed the suspect’s identity as Assamad Nash, 25.

At the time of Sunday’s murder, the suspect already had 3 open cases against him, reported the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office to new outlets.

The previous month, Nash was charged for purportedly running from the police after disabling several ‘metro card machines by jamming them with a tool’.

“I observed the defendant push open the doors to the police van while lawfully under arrest and run away from the van,” documented the arresting officer in the report.

According to the document, “He was charged with criminal mischief, resisting arrest, and other charges for that incident.”

In September, Nash was also charged with harassment assault after allegedly punching someone at Chrystie and Grand St, the same area where he killed the 35-year-old victim on Sunday.

Apart from Sunday’s manslaughter, he was charged for possessing synthetic marijuana back in September.

Recent News