If you have a provisional license, you probably are a new driver, who is eager to learn the art of driving. With a provisional license, you can practice driving. If you have got your learning permit, you are bound to follow provisional license rules in true spirit, otherwise, your license may be canceled. There are conditions that are not only legally binding but are also important from the point of view of the drivers’ safety.
Driving a vehicle is a responsibility as well as a skill that requires a person to remain clearly focused while sitting behind the steering wheel. Provisional license or the Graduated Driving License (GDL) was introduced back in the 1970s for drivers’ safety.
What is a provisional license?
A provisional license, also known as a learner’s permit, allows a person to practice driving, without taking into consideration how much practice hours you have spent to learn driving. This permit is only issued to people who are 15 ½ -18 years of age. Before you get the professional driving license, it is mandatory to get your provisional permit six months earlier.
Provisional license restrictions
It’s time to learn about the restrictions that come along with a provisional driving license.
Under the provisional license rules, you are not allowed to drive without an adult who is 26 years old, and possesses a valid driving license.
If you hold a provisional license, you are not allowed to drive during curfew hours, i.e., 11 pm to 5 am.
The rules are already in place to be followed, otherwise, your license will be canceled.
How to get your provisional license?
There are a few rules that need to be taken into consideration before you apply for the provisional license.
- A person should be at least 15 ½ years old: a teenager who is less than 15 ½ and is above 18 years old won’t get a provisional license
- Need to complete the driver’s class: Until and unless the driver doesn’t perform well and gets a clearance from the driving school, he/she won’t be able to get the provisional license
- Pass the vision test: To obtain a provisional license, a driver must pass the vision test. If the person cannot see clearly, or he puts other individuals’ lives in danger, he/she won’t get the provisional license
- Pass drug and alcohol test: While you’re about to sign the permission letter of a provisional license, authorities may ask you to perform these tests. A person who drinks, or consumes drugs won’t qualify for the provisional license
- Filing of application at DMV: In the United States, it is important to apply to acquire the license
Queries about the provisional license
You must have some queries about the provisional license. Don’t worry, we have got you covered. Some of the queries are:
Can I drive in any other state with a provisional license?
When you’re about to enter a new state with your current license, you must check with the DMV whether you can drive in the new state or not. For example, the basic driving age may vary in different states. New York has an age limit of 16 years, while in New Jersey, the age limit is 17 years.
What activities can cost my license?
Driving is responsibility, not a necessity. Being a driver, you must follow traffic rules in true spirit, otherwise, your license will be canceled. Some of the conditions in which you might cost you provisional driving license include:
- Driving during the prohibited hours
- Drunk driving
- Failing to pay a driving fine
Can I drive with a ‘canceled’ license?
In the United States, driving with a suspended or revoked license is considered as a crime. If you’re caught while driving with a void license, you’ll be arrested. Driving with a canceled license is punishable by fines or jail term, or both, depending up the situation at hand. Repeat offenders are charged with hefty fines and a longer jail sentence.
This brings us to the end of this article. In this article, we have provided you with detailed information about the conditions and rules that govern the issuance of provisional driving license in the United States. As mentioned earlier, if you have got your provisional license, you are bound to follow the rules and regulations.
Today’s post is about the Similac lawsuit – Similac baby formula, which claims that the
The world is moving toward digitalization at a very fast pace. Many have completely turned
The food industry has seen yet another lawsuit settlement against misleading labeling. Welch Food Inc.
Construction workers usually work in challenging conditions on construction sites that often are dangerous. This
Not sure what does DWAI mean? Or looking for the difference between DWAI and DUI?