Medical malpractice occurs when a health care professional acts away from the enforceable medical standards (by act or omission) causing in most cases physical and moral harm to the patient.
What are the most common medical malpractice cases?
- Delay in diagnosis
- Error in diagnosis or interpretation.
- Surgical interventions
- Inadequate prescription of medications.
- No follow-up of protocols.
- Transmission by blood transfusion of diseases such as Hepatitis or AIDS.
- Failure to obtain the promised result in cosmetic surgery, voluntary, in liposuction, slimming processes, prosthetic placement, etc.
- Nosocomial infections.
- Damage is caused by the surgical material itself or by being forgotten inside the patient.
- Death due to failure to provide emergency healthcare.
- Lack of informed consent, and therefore of the prior information of the act to be carried out with its possible alternatives and consequences.
Failure to properly supervise the patient in the postoperative period.
Receive the Compensation You Deserve!
FREE No Obligation Consultation Pay Nothing!
Your Contact Information and Claim are Confidential!
LAWSUITS BEING FILED
At those times, you must bear in mind that any medical documentation may be of great importance in a subsequent claim, for that reason a copy of any medical document must be requested, even if it is an unimportant document in your opinion. When we find ourselves with injuries caused by negligence, it is also advisable to make a photographic follow-up of the evolution of the injury in question. As soon as possible, you should contact a medical malpractice lawyer specialized in this matter so that medical malpractice lawyers can guide and advise you according to the circumstances since sometimes these first moments are of the utmost importance for the success of the medical malpractice lawsuit.
At this point we find two large groups, firstly there are the medical errors made in public medical centers or by their health professionals (in Social Security), and on the other hand, we find the errors suffered in private medical centers or by professionals private doctors. If the negligence is committed in public health (Public hospitals, health centers, outpatient clinics): It is an administrative procedure where compensation is claimed before the administration causing the medical negligence for the damages caused by their wrongdoing.